If You Earned a GED ...
What do you need to do to get your determination?
• Register with the NAIA Eligibility Center right away. Delaying your registration may mean watching your teamates play from the sidelines.
• Have your official GED scores sent to the Eligibility Center.
• Have your ACT or SAT scores sent to the Eligibility Center directly from the testing service using the NAIA's code: 9876. How to send test scores.
• If you are still exploring colleges, find out how you can connect with NAIA coaches and admissions offices.
Want to Know If You're Eligible?
GED students must still meet entering freshmen requirements, though the criteria for meeting those requirements have been adapted to fit the distinctive high school experience.
Because class rank is not applicable, GED students must meet the other 2 entering freshmen requirements:
- Minimum test scores (only one test score is required):
- 18 composite score on the ACT for tests taken before March 2016*
*EXCEPTION: Per NAIA Bylaws V.C.2a, "For ACT tests taken beginning March 2016, a minimum score of 16 will satisfy this requirement. This exception will apply through the 2018-19 academic year, after which time the exception will expire."
- 860 on the SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing & Math)
- GED students are recognized as having met the high school GPA requirement of 2.0 upon successful completion of a GED. The official GED records must be sent to the NAIA Eligibility Center.